Sunday, April 8, 2012


On Friday I got to shake the hand of the man who inspired me to take up bass (Arif Mirabdolbaghi). I told him I had learned most of the stuff he had written, he replied saying I was probably better than him at this point. We both knew it was a lie though. I also yelled to Jeff Loomis that we had similar hair, to which he laughed and responded "Hey look, it's my little brother."  I listen to a lot of weird music, but one of my guilty pleasures is my affinity for metal. In this case, neo-classical metal. It's incredible to me.



Arpeggios man. Everywhere...
That being said, I probably couldn't handle listening to this as extensively as I did in high school, where my ipod was rarely playing anything other than Paul Gilbert or Jason Becker or the above album. I still enjoy the shear display of talent, but after a while it just feels like eating too much desert. You need some whole note rests in order to have a balanced diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment